Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: October 24, 2017 at 5:00pm PDT
Closed for Comment October 24, 2017 at 4:00pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Presentation for Able Arts.
Presentation for Senator Ricardo Lara's Young Senators.
1. (17-0933) Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the public hearing, and consider third-party appeals (APL17-020 and APL17-021) from Bea Bea Jiménez, David White, Karin McGinley, Tino Haramis, Kazumi Hiromoto, Tetsu Hashimoto, and Warren Blesofsky (representing Long Beach Citizens for Fair Development); Adopt resolution finding that the 320 Alamitos Project is consistent with the Downtown Plan Program Environmental Impact Report and subject to the Downtown Plan Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, and making certain findings and determinations related thereto; and Uphold the Planning Commission's decision to approve a Site Plan Review (SPR17-001) and Lot Merger (LM17-002) for the construction of a seven-story, 77-unit residential development at 320 Alamitos Avenue in the Downtown Planned Development District (PD-30). (District 2)
2. (17-0955) Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the public hearing, and adopt resolution continuing the Long Beach Tourism Business Improvement Area assessment for the period of October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018; and, authorize City Manager, or designee, to extend the agreement with the Long Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau for a one-year term. (Districts 1,2,4,5)
3. (17-0956) WITHDRAWN Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the public hearing, and adopt resolution certifying a Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR 05-16, State Clearinghouse No. 2014031059); and Deny the appeal of the Coalition for Responsible Equitable Economic Development (CREED), represented by the law firm of Adams Broadwell Joseph and Cardozo, and uphold the Planning Commission's decision to approve a Site Plan Review and Local Coastal Development Permit for construction and operation of the 2nd & PCH Project, a commercial shopping center containing up to 245,000 square feet of retail and restaurant uses at 6400 East Pacific Coast Highway. (District 3)
4. (17-0957) Recommendation to refer to City Attorney damage claims received between October 9, 2017 and October 16, 2017.
5. (17-0958) Recommendation to adopt resolution ordering, proclaiming, calling and giving notice of a Primary Nominating Election in the City of Long Beach, California, on Tuesday, the 10th day of April, 2018, for the nomination and/or election of candidates for five (5) offices on the City Council, and four (4) City Officials, each for a full term of four (4) years, commencing with the third Tuesday of July, 2018, and adopting provisions relating to the translations of and the charges for costs of candidate statements;
(17-0959) Adopt resolution requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles to render specified services to the City relating to the conduct of a Primary Nominating Election to be held on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, and a General Municipal Election to be held in the City on Tuesday, June 5, 2018;
(17-0960) Adopt resolution consenting to requests from the Board of Education of the Long Beach Unified School District and the Board of Trustees of the Long Beach Community College District to consolidate Governing Board Member elections with the City of Long Beach Primary Nominating Election to be held on Tuesday, April 10, 2018; and
(17-0961) Adopt resolution requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles to coordinate the City's General Municipal Election to be held on June 5, 2018 with the California Statewide Primary Election to be held by the County on the same date, and requesting specified election services to the City from the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. (Citywide)
Terms and Conditions
© 2020 Granicus