Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
City Council copy
Meeting Time: December 04, 2018 at 5:00pm PST
Closed for Comment December 04, 2018 at 4:00pm PST
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
TELECONFERENCE LOCATION: DIMARE, BROWN, HICKS & KESSLER, LLC 1121 L STREET, SUITE 408 SACRAMENTO, CA 95814
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Presentation for Employee of the Month.
Presentation for Computer Science Education Week.
1. (18-1053) Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the public hearing, and adopt Negative Declaration 02-18; Declare ordinance amending Title 21, Zoning Regulations, of the Long Beach Municipal Code to: (1) update regulations for religious assembly uses to be equal to, or more flexible than, other assembly uses; (2) classify different size assembly uses to be permitted, conditionally permitted, or not permitted in various zoning districts; (3) update development standards for religious assembly uses; and, (4) provide new definitions to ensure that land uses are categorized properly, read the first time and laid over to the next regular meeting of the City Council for final reading; and
(18-1054) Adopt resolution authorizing Director of Development Services to submit amendments of the Long Beach Zoning Regulations, and supporting materials, to the California Coastal Commission for approval and certification. (Citywide)
2. (18-1055) Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the public hearing, and consider an amendment to a proposed property sale that promotes an economic opportunity pursuant to California Government Code, Section 52201(a)(1); Adopt resolution approving the sale of property and finding that the sale will create an economic opportunity; and Authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute any and all documents necessary to amend the requirements of a Purchase and Sale Agreement, with Atlantic and Artesia, LLC, a California limited liability company, an affiliate of Frontier Real Estate Investments, LLC, a California limited liability company, or affiliate (Buyer/Developer), reducing the purchase price from $2,100,000 to $1,100,000, for 601-685 East Artesia Boulevard/6600-6620 Atlantic Avenue, Assessor Parcel Numbers 7115-003-901, -902, -903, -904, -905, -906, and -907 (Subject Property). (District 9)
3. (18-1056) Recommendation to authorize City Attorney to submit Stipulations with Request for Award for approval by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, and if so approved, authority to pay $90,262.50 in compliance with the Appeals Board Order for Troy White.
4. (18-1057) Recommendation to authorize City Attorney to pay sum of $250,000 in full settlement of lawsuit entitled Flatiron Electric Group, Inc. v. City of Long Beach; Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. NC060688.
5. (18-1058) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute all documents necessary to amend Agreement No. 33242 with Excel Managed Care & Disability Services, Inc. (EXCEL) to provide Utilization Review services and Agreement No. 33243 with Rehab West, Inc. (RWI) to provide Medical Case Management services for the City of Long Beach Workers' Compensation Program, and extend the contract terms until September 30, 2019, in a total amount not to exceed $212,000. This approval will allow for continuation of Workers' Compensation Utilization Review services and Medical Case Management services pending a Request for Proposal process anticipated to be released approximately in the month of February 2019.
6. (18-1059) Recommendation to approve the minutes for the City Council meetings of Tuesday, November 13, and November 20, 2018.
7. (18-1060) Recommendation to refer to City Attorney damage claims received between November 12, 2018 and November 26, 2018.
Terms and Conditions
© 2020 Granicus