Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: November 19, 2013 at 12:33pm PST
Closed for Comment November 19, 2013 at 11:33am PST
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
18. (13-1015) Recommendation to adopt resolution declaring a shelter crisis; suspending applicable provisions of local law, including those contained in the City's zoning ordinances and regulations; and authorizing the operation of a winter shelter between the dates of December 1, 2013 and March 15, 2014, inclusive; andAuthorize City Manager to execute any and all documents necessary for a Lease between the Long Beach Rescue Mission Foundation and/or Eddie N. John, an individual, as successor-in-ownership (Lessor) and the City (Lessee), and a Sublease between the City (Sublessor) and the Long Beach Rescue Mission (Sublessee) and/or affiliated entities, and any necessary amendments at the discretion of the City Manager for approximately 12,000 rentable square feet of industrial space at 6845 Atlantic Avenue at the monthly base rent of $6,000 for use as a winter shelter, and increase appropriations in the General Fund (GP) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HE) by $21,000. (District 9)
19. (13-1016) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or his designee, to execute any documents necessary to accept a non-monetary donation of planning, labor, materials, and equipment, valued at approximately $100,000, from the Los Angeles Clippers for improvements to the playground and basketball courts at Coolidge Park; execute any documents necessary to use funding of up to $30,000 of the Healthy Eating Active Living Zone Initiative Grant from Kaiser Foundation Hospitals for the installation of outdoor equipment, signage, and playground and court surfaces at Coolidge Park; and execute new right-of-entry permits and any related documents with Madrid Equipment Rental, Inc., and Chris Kelley, Inc., dba Childs Play, and/or their agents, to make the aforementioned improvements. (District 9)
20. (13-1017) Recommendation to receive and file the application of CEC Entertainment Incorporated, dba Chuck E. Cheeses 769, for an original Alcoholic Beverage Control License, at 290 East 4th Street, with conditions. (District 1)
21. (13-1018) Recommendation to determine that the application serves the public convenience and necessity, and receive and file the application of Walmart Stores Incorporated, dba Walmart Store #3477, for a person-to-person and premise-to-premise transfer of an Alcoholic Beverage Control License, at 7250 Carson Boulevard, with conditions. (District 5)
22. (13-1019) Recommendation to receive and file the application of Weiland Brewery Restaurant 3 Incorporated, dba Weiland Brewery Restaurant, for an original Alcoholic Beverage Control License, at 4354 Atlantic Avenue, submit a Public Notice of Protest to ABC, and direct City Manager to withdraw the protest if a Conditional Use Permit is granted. (District 8)
23. (13-1020) Recommendation to adopt resolution authorizing City Manager, or his designee, to submit application to the State of California Strategic Growth Council, for grant funds for the Urban Greening Grant Program under the Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006 (Proposition 84), for the Willow Springs Wetlands Project;
(13-1021) Adopt resolution authorizing City Manager, or his designee, to submit application to the State of California Strategic Growth Council, for grant funds for the Urban Greening Grant Program under the Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006 (Proposition 84), for landscaping improvements on the street median adjacent to Pacific Coast Highway and east of the Terminal Island Freeway; andAuthorize City Manager, or his designee, to accept grants from the Strategic Growth Council for up to $924,000 and up to $75,000 for Urban Greening Grant funds, and execute all documents necessary to accept the funds and implement the project. (District 7)
24. Agenda Item No. 24 is listed under Continued Hearing (page 1).
25. (13-1028) Recommendation to request City Manager to contact the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation to conduct an "Economic Impact Study" detailing the potential economic loss the City of Long Beach and Los Angeles County so that the Governor's Office of Jobs and Business Development can determine what if any incentives can be offered to keep Boeing in Long Beach.
26. (13-1029) Supplemental Memorandum - Corrections and/or additions to the City Council Agenda as of 12:00 noon, Friday, November 15, 2013.
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 Granicus