Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: May 01, 2012 at 5:02pm PDT
Closed for Comment May 01, 2012 at 4:02pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
14. (12-0154) Recommendation to respectfully request City Attorney to draft a resolution on behalf of the City of Long Beach to oppose any cuts, repeal and/or reduction of the Hayden Law.
9. (12-0084) Recommendation to City Council to concur in recommendation of the Public Safety Committee to direct City Manager to prepare a multi-year Police Academy and Recruitment Plan, in accordance with the adopted budget, and present it to City Council during the March budget update.
7. (12-0157) Recommendation to approve the destruction of records for Long Beach Police Department as shown in Exhibit A; and adopt resolution.
8. (12-0158) Recommendation to approve the destruction of records for the Department of Development Services, Neighborhood Services Bureau as shown in Exhibit A; and adopt resolution.
19. (12-0152) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute an agreement with RecycleRewards for the purpose of implementing a recycling incentive program, for a term of three years with two one-year renewal options at the discretion of the City Manager. (Citywide)
10. (12-0205) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute any and all documents necessary for the Third Amendment to Lease No. 30620 between the City of Long Beach and Navy Yacht Club - Long Beach, a California non-profit corporation, for the continued use of City-owned land and improvements at 223 Marina Drive. (District 3)
12. (12-0146) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to approve the revised 1996 Citywide Policy on Sponsorships for the Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine. (Citywide)
2. (12-0202) Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the hearing and grant a One-Year Short-Term Permit on the application of Dara Kim, dba Dara Restaurant, 1223 E. Anaheim Street, for Entertainment With Dancing by Patrons. (District 6)
20. (12-0233) Recommendation to adopt resolution authorizing City Manager, or his designee, to submit an application to Caltrans for a Community-Based Transportation Planning Grant; Authorize City Manager, or his designee, to accept a grant from Caltrans for $300,000 for Community-Based Transportation Planning Grant funds and execute all documents necessary to accept the funds; and Increase appropriations in the Capital Projects Fund (CP) in the Department of Public Works (PW) by $300,000. (District 7)
23. (12-0242) Recommendation to refer to the Planning Commission for recommendation of a zone change for the City-owned property on the southeast corner of 49th Street and Long Beach Boulevard (4800 - 4870 Long Beach Boulevard) to Park zone and conduct the appropriate outreach to the surrounding neighborhood to receive public input.
23. (12-0261) Recommendation to adopt resolution authorizing City Manager to submit a grant application to the California Department of Housing and Community Development, through the Housing Related Parks Program, for the rehabilitation of 14th Street Park and Seaside Park, at an estimated total cost of $321,500. (District 1)
18. (12-0338) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to sign the petition relating to City-owned properties located within the district to reestablish the Downtown Long Beach Property and Business Improvement District. (Districts 1,2)
7. (12-0386) Recommendation to, by motion of the City Council, request City Attorney to revise the City code concerning licenses and permits and regulations for door-to-door solicitors and the placement of handbills on private property, to include provisions requiring: 1) display of a license and permit and identification by commercial solicitors; 2) requirements that handbills contain contact information for the person or organization responsible for the distribution of same; 3) allowing residents to post a "No Trespassing" or "No Solicitation" sign which prohibits all door-to-door solicitation whether commercial or non-commercial and prohibits the placement of handbills, flyers or other materials at a residence displaying such signs or signs with similar wording; and 4) establishing a "No Soliciting" registry that puts commercial solicitors on notice they may not solicit at residences who have indicated they do not want to be solicited.
18. (12-0512) Recommendation to respectfully request City Attorney to determine whether existing City ordinances can be amended or a new ordinance created to regulate the aesthetics of utility cables or wires in residential neighborhoods, and report back to the City Council within 60 days.
23. (11-1156) Recommendation to receive and file a report reviewing the status of Ordinance No. ORD-12-0004 (Chapter 5.89) of the Long Beach Municipal Code (LBMC), as enacted by the City Council on February 14, 2012, the operations and activities of the medical marijuana collectives that were provided a six-month exemption, and enforcement against non-exempted marijuana collectives and cultivations sites within the City of Long Beach. (Citywide)
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 Granicus