Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: June 19, 2012 at 5:08pm PDT
Closed for Comment June 19, 2012 at 4:08pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
11. (12-0620) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute all documents necessary for the First Amendment to Lease No. 29995 between CityPlace Long Beach, LLC; CityPlace Long Beach TIC 1, LLC; CityPlace Long Beach TIC 2, LLC, all Delaware limited liability companies, as tenants in common (Landlord), and the City of Long Beach (Tenant) for the relocation of City-leased office space to 295 East Third Street, Suite No. A-100, for the offices of certain veterans' organizations; and Authorize City Manager to execute all documents necessary to amend Sublease No. 30276 with the Arthur L. Peterson Post No. 27, Inc., The American Legion, Department of California; Sublease No. 30277 with Long Beach Chapter No. 17, Disabled American Veterans, Inc.; and Sublease No. 30278 with the Fleet Reserve Association, Branch 43, (collectively, Subtenants), for the sublease of City-leased office space at 295 East Third Street, Suite No. A-100. (District 1)
12. (12-0653) Recommendation to receive a presentation from Public Works regarding the results from the first year of implementation of the City's Residential Street Maintenance Policy.
13. (12-0654) Recommendation to respectfully request City Attorney to draft a resolution in support of the Middle Class Scholarship Act on behalf of the City of Long Beach.
14. (12-0644) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute all necessary documents to receive and expend grant funding from the California Emergency Management Agency for the Gang Reduction, Intervention, and Prevention Program in the amount of $250,000 for two years; Authorize a required in-kind match of $250,000; and Increase appropriations in the Community Development Grants Fund (SR 150) in the Department of Development Services (DV) by $250,000. (Districts 1,6,7,9)
15. (12-0645) Recommendation to adopt Specifications RFP No. FM11-005 and award contracts to Comprehensive Housing Services, Inc. (CHS), of Fullerton, CA (WBE, SBE); TSG Enterprises, Inc., dba The Solis Group, of Pasadena, CA (WBE, MBE); Padilla and Associates, Inc., of Santa Ana, CA (WBE); and Perceptive Enterprises, Inc., of Los Angeles, CA (SBE, MBE), for as-needed professional labor compliancy monitoring services, in a total combined annual amount not to exceed $400,000, for a period of one year, with the option to renew for two additional one-year periods at the discretion of the City Manager. (Citywide)
16. (12-0647) Recommendation to adopt Specifications No. PA-02012 Rebid and award contracts to CelPlan Technologies, Inc., of Reston, VA (not an MBE, WBE, SBE or Local); Siemens Industry, Inc., of Cypress, CA (not an MBE, WBE, SBE or Local); and Pacific Services, Inc., of San Clemente, CA (WBE, SBE), for furnishing and delivering video surveillance cameras and related system components, in a total annual amount not to exceed $175,000, for the period of one year, with the option to renew for two additional one-year periods, at the discretion of the City Manager. (Citywide)
17. (12-0618) Recommendation to adopt resolution for paying and reporting the value of the Employer Paid Member Contributions (EPMC) to the California Public Employees' Retirement System for the City Auditor, City Attorney, City Prosecutor and City Clerk. (Citywide)
18. (12-0648) Recommendation to receive and file the application of Rosemary Dorita Cullinan, dba The Peninsula Cafe, for an original Alcoholic Beverage Control License, at 76-1/2 62nd Place. (District 3)
19. (12-0649) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute a new agreement between the Long Beach Police Department and the Long Beach Unified School District to staff School Resource Officers (SROs), for the period of September 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, in an amount not to exceed $808,200, with a net cost to the City's General Fund of $206,500. (Citywide)
20. (12-0651) Recommendation to adopt Plans and Specifications No. R-6859 for Installing and Modifying Traffic Control Signals at Various Intersections, award the project to and authorize City Manager to execute all documents necessary to enter into a contract with California Professional Engineering in an estimated amount of $578,741, plus a 15 percent contingency of $86,811, for a total of $665,552, and to execute any necessary amendments thereto. (District 5,8,9)
21. (12-0652) Recommendation to receive and discuss an overview of the proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget. (Citywide)
22. (12-0657) Recommendation to request approval of a one-time waiver for the restriction of alcohol sales at Rose Park for the Rose Park Neighborhood Association sponsoring the 2nd Annual Bluegrass Festival on August 19, 2012.
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 Granicus