Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: July 24, 2012 at 4:53pm PDT
Closed for Comment July 24, 2012 at 3:53pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
10. (12-0603) Recommendation to adopt resolution directing the Los Angeles County Auditor-Controller to include on the 2012-13 Secured Tax Roll certain levies made pursuant to the provisions of the Long Beach Municipal Code for weed and debris removal, administrative citations, securing of buildings, and vacant buildings in the amount of $220,759. (Citywide)
11. (12-0604) Recommendation to adopt resolution establishing an annual special tax of $0.12 per square foot for Community Facilities District No. 2007-2 for commercial properties in Belmont Shore for Fiscal Year 2013 and authorizing the Los Angeles County Auditor-Controller to include on the 2012-13 Secured Tax Roll. (District 3)
12. (12-0605) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute an agreement, and any subsequent amendments, between the City of Long Beach and the California Department of Education in the amount of $2,285 for the provision of health and sanitation inspections for the Summer Food Service Program for a period of three months. (Citywide)
13. (12-0606) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute the Sixth Amendment to Contract Agreement No. H-300266 and any subsequent amendments or necessary documents, between Los Angeles County and the City of Long Beach to accept funding in the amount of $160,467 for the term of July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, to provide Community Outreach, Enrollment, Utilization and Retention (COEUR) services for the benefit of low to moderate income families to gain affordable medical insurance. (Citywide)
14. (12-0607) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute all documents with the County of Los Angeles to receive funds totaling $133,000 to operate a Summer Youth Employment Program that will assist approximately 96 youth ages 14-21; increase appropriations in the Community Development Grants Fund (SR 150) in the Department of Human Resources by $93,100; and execute any needed subsequent amendments. (Citywide)
15. (12-0609) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute all necessary documents with the Long Beach Public Transportation Company for a six (6) month extension of a trial Belmont Shore Employee Rider Pass Program to provide valid transit access to all eligible persons employed by Belmont Shore businesses on all established Long Beach Transit bus service routes. (District 3)
16. (12-0610) Recommendation to adopt resolution authorizing City Manager, or designee, to execute Local Programs Assistance Right-of-Way Certifications to Caltrans for selected, federally funded roadway construction projects. (Citywide)
17. (12-0625) Recommendation to receive and approve Commission/Board/ Committee appointments and reappointments to Non-Charter Commissions.
18. (12-0608) Recommendation to request the Planning Commission to review the City's current Zoning Regulations as they relate to existing liquor stores that have Type 21 (Off Sales General) licenses Citywide; to consider the feasibility of implementing performance standards and/or a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) requirement for those stores that currently are not regulated by a CUP or are otherwise not regulated by any current meaningful performance standards; and to recommend possible incentives that could be offered to existing businesses that are willing to immediately accept the imposition appropriate regulations, with a specific request that North Long Beach be established as a pilot study area for the proposed action. The purpose of this request is to protect and promote the public health, safety, comfort, convenience and general welfare of the community by imposing anti-nuisance related operating conditions on existing Type 21 establishments that currently have legal nonconforming use status in the City.
19. (12-0624) Recommendation to request City Manager to work with the City Attorney to draft a comment letter to the recently released I-710 project Draft Environmental Impact Report expressing support for the alternative with the least immediate impact to the I-710 study area in Long Beach, and to explore various mitigation options that serve and improve the immediate community, such as local hiring preferences, increased green space and aesthetics, as well as traffic and environmental mitigations. The comment letter shall take into consideration comments and concerns expressed by the community during the public review period.
20. (12-0626) Recommendation to request City Manager to work with the Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine and the Human Relations Commission to craft an anti-bullying policy for all City youth programs and facilities.
21. (12-0627) Recommendation to request City Attorney to draft an ordinance amending Long Beach Municipal Code Section 15.36.120(A), clarifying that residents of sub-metered households be deemed as "service customers."
22. (12-0611) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to amend the term of the extended 10-Year Key Tenant Loan with Marina Pacifica, LLC, to allow for the elimination of the interest rate. (District 3)
23. (12-0562) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Signal Hill and the Spring Street Corridor Joint Powers Authority; a 15-year Sales Tax Sharing Agreement with the City of Signal Hill; and a 15-year Economic Development Agreement with Office Depot, City of Signal Hill, and LBSH Parcel I, LLC. (Citywide)
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 Granicus