Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: August 18, 2020 at 5:00pm PDT
Closed for Comment August 18, 2020 at 4:00pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
21. (20-0608) WITHDRAWN Recommendation to request City Council to endorse the CAAP to include a resilient jobs program; consider the CCA initiative; and include a construction career policy with the CAAP that ensures there are job standards for people who are impacted more with the air quality in their area.
22. (20-0682) WITHDRAWN Recommendation to request City Council to create a CCA or join the Clean Power Alliance, and file an implementation plan by the end of the year.
23. (20-0787) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute all documents necessary for the Third Amendment to Lease No. 29995 between Long Beach Center, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (Landlord), and the City of Long Beach (Tenant), for a six-month extension for City-leased office space at 420 Pine Avenue, Suite No. P-100, for the offices of certain veterans' organizations; and Authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute all documents necessary to amend Sublease No. 30276 with Arthur L. Peterson Post No. 27, Inc., The American Legion, Department of California, and Sublease No. 30277 with Long Beach Chapter No. 17, Disabled American Veterans, Inc. (collectively, Subtenants), for the sublease of City-leased office space at 420 Pine Avenue, Suite No. P-100. (District 1)
24. (20-0788) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute any and all documents necessary for a Supplemental Agreement to Management Agreement No. 21667 with SMG, a Pennsylvania joint venture, for the completion of various capital improvement projects at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center, at 300 East Ocean Boulevard, in the amount of $600,000. (District 2)
25. (20-0789) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to enter into an agreement with Waste Management, Inc., to allow the City of Long Beach to deliver ash from SERRF to Waste Management's El Sobrante Landfill, at an estimated annual cost of $7,000,000 to $8,000,000, for a period of four years, with the option to extend the agreement for five additional one-year periods, at the discretion of the City Manager. (District 1)
26. (20-0790) WITHDRAWN Recommendation to receive and file a report on the feasibility of a Long Beach Community Choice Aggregation (CCA); Defer for two years any decision whether to participate in a CCA, or possibly sooner if new information becomes available solidifying benefits, to allow for increased stability in the California electricity market and reduce potential risk to residents and businesses; Direct City Manager to perform community outreach regarding the CCA concept along with potential benefits and risks to customers, as well as to gain feedback on how supportive the community might be of a Long Beach CCA; Direct City Manager to prepare a study that analyzes CCA governance options including forming a stand-alone City enterprise, creating a new Joint Powers Authority (JPA) with another interested public agency, or joining an existing JPA; Direct City Manager to continue to monitor the energy market and related regulations and report to the City Council annually or sooner if substantial market changes occur; and Direct City Manager to continue the City's partnership with Southern California Edison to raise awareness of existing programs that provide Long Beach residents and businesses with various options to purchase a greater mix of renewables and utilize energy more efficiently. (Citywide)
27. (20-0791) Recommendation to adopt resolution authorizing City Manager, or designee, to execute a contract, and any necessary amendments, with PB Loader Corporation, of Fresno, CA, for the purchase of seven 2020 CNG-fueled Freightliner 114SD dump trucks, on the same terms and conditions afforded in the Sourcewell (formerly The National Joint Powers Alliance) contract, for a total contract amount not to exceed $1,627,300, inclusive of taxes and fees. (Citywide)
28. (20-0792) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to extend application of the Public Seawall Lease Program (Lease Program) to all phase areas of the Naples Permanent Seawall Repair Project (Project) in accordance with California Coastal Commission (CCC) Special Condition of Approval No. 10; and Adopt resolution amending the Master Fee and Charges Schedule and Public Seawall Lease Permit Fee (Fee) to $0.57 annual per square-foot in accordance with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and making the Fee subject to future CPI adjustments on an annual basis using the fiscal year. (District 3)
29. (20-0793) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute a grant agreement, and any necessary documents including any amendments, with the Port of Long Beach (POLB) through the Community Grants Program, to accept and expend grant funding in an amount not to exceed $1,990,215, to be utilized toward the development of the 51st Street Greenbelt and Drake Chavez Park Connection Projects; and execute any documents necessary for the administration of the projects; and Increase appropriations in the Capital Projects Fund Group in the Public Works Department by $1,990,215, offset by Harbor Department grant reimbursement revenues; and Increase appropriations in the Capital Projects Fund Group in the Public Works Department by $1,990,215, for a technical appropriation to allow for the transfer of Harbor Department funds from the Capital Projects Grant Fund, a fund within the Capital Projects Fund Group. (Districts 1,8)
30. (20-0794) Recommendation to authorize City Manager, or designee, to execute a fourth amendment to Contract No. 34265 with West Coast Arborists, Inc., of Anaheim, CA, for as-needed tree trimming services, to extend the term through March 31, 2021, and increase the amount by $3,400,000, for a revised total amount not to exceed $11,340,000. (Citywide)
31. (20-0747) Recommendation to declare ordinance amending the Use District Map of the City of Long Beach as said Map has been established and amended by amending portions of Part 22 of said Map from CCA (Community Commercial Automobile-oriented) to R-4-N (Medium-Density, Multiple Residential) and CCA (Community Commercial Automobile-Oriented) to R-3-T (Multi-family Residential, Townhouse), read and adopted as read. (District 8)
32. (20-0748) Recommendation to declare ordinance amending the Use District Map of the City of Long Beach as said Map has been established and amended by amending portions of Part 22 of said Map from CCA (Community Commercial Automobile-Oriented) and R-1-N (Single-Family Residential) to CCN (Community R-4-N), read and adopted as read. (District 8)
33. (20-0754) Recommendation to declare ordinance amending the Long Beach Municipal Code by adding Chapter 10.80 establishing a 19-ton weight and load limit on the Toledo Bridge over Rivo Alto Canal, read and adopted as read. (District 3)
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 Granicus